At BIOMIN we harness the power of science to support animal health and performance. By applying state-of-the-art and proprietary technology we deliver natural, sustainable and profitable solutions to the livestock industry. For over 35 years we have pioneered innovative solutions for mycotoxin risk management and gut performance. BIOMIN is part of ERBER Group.
To further secure our rapid growth we are looking for the right woman or man to fill our vacant position as
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE - MICROBIALS (M/F)
Working as part of the GutOmics research team you will be joining a growing team, utilizing your strong technical knowledge to support farm animal’s nutrition and health. The GutOmics research team develops computational next-generation sequencing (NGS)-based approaches to explore the functional potential of natural feed additives that might contribute to animal’s health. You will be part of a research project focusing on natural animal gut bacteria. Isolating, cultivating and characterizing bacteria from different sources and evaluating their beneficial properties for animal health will be your main tasks. You will apply classical microbiological and state of the art molecular methods and support feeding trial experiments to test the efficacy of probiotic feed additives. In addition, you will have the chance to explore the effects of probiotics on the host microbiome using in-house developed NGS analysis. You will work closely with scientific experts in microbial ecology and animal nutrition, and will get the opportunities to disseminate your research.
These are the tasks we trust in you:
- Isolation, cultivation, identification and characterization of bacteria
- Planning, coordination, and documentation of laboratory experiments
- Effectively communicate results through oral presentations and timely written technical reports
- Support with planning, designing and analyzing feeding trials (swine, poultry, ruminants)
- Process and analyze NGS data with bioinformatic tools, and use of different statistical approaches
TO LEAVE REAL 'FOODPRINTS' WITH US YOU NEED THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in microbiology and molecular biology or biotechnology
- Hands on experience with bacterial microbiology and molecular biology techniques are necessary (bacterial cultivation, DNA extraction, PCR/qPCR)
- Experience with statistics in R is of advantage
- Experience with prokaryotic whole genome data analysis is of advantage (genome assembly and annotation)
- Strong team player, accuracy and able to work independently
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English
OUR CULTURE: PIONEERS, PARTNERS AND PERFORMERS – THIS MEANS FOR YOU:
- 100% of our trust in advance
- Your working place: world class laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment. As part of our ambitious scientific team you work together with the best on key topics of the global food chain.
- BIOMIN is constantly growing - since more than 35 years. This creates a lot of space for good ideas and opportunities for personal development and individual careers.
- Here are some more good reasons to work for us.
WHAT ELSE TO KNOW?
- Reference Number: 336
- You will be based at Tulln (Austria)
- Your type of employment: 38.5 hours/week, full-time, permanent contract
- Based on your classification in our ERBER Group career model, your professional experience and your qualification, we offer you an attractive total compensation package starting at € 35.000 gross p.a. (full-time incl. fix and variable components)
Are you ready to leave real 'foodprints‘ with us? We are looking forward to your online application.
You have questions? Please contact: Ms Melanie ZORN, +43 2782 803 0
Or visit our website: www.biomin.net