Your department is reporting to the Head of Product Engineering and is responsible for all activities that are carried out to design, develop, and test products in the area of railway signaling Automatic Train Protection Systems. This includes the management of software development, subcontractors and hardware integration & qualification. You are managing a substantial team to provide safety relevant railway signaling products to meet the needs of our international transportation business.
Your main duties:
- Structure and manage an international product engineering team of about 25 people
- Successfully deliver a program of product engineering projects in time and committed estimated budget
- Skill, competence and resource management to align an internationally distributed team
- Manage the technical planning of the products from innovation to maintenance in coordination with product management
- Responsibility to plan multi-year budgets and resource needs
- Make sure the solutions are delivered within the respective safety, security and quality processes
- Manage constant improvement e.g. in processes, efficiency, performance, risk management and promote flexibility to peer engineering departments
- Technical education at a university level
- Substantial knowledge of software engineering and project management principles and practices. Experience in an industrial sector like railways, automotive, telecom or process control as well as knowledge of safety critical systems are considered beneficial.
- Thorough knowledge of management principles and practice, and an ability to promote open communication, innovation, and performance.
- Experience of software development for complex systems or embedded devices, covering the full life cycle. Agile development (SCRUM) experience, as well as management of international distributed teams is considered beneficial.
- Very good command of English language, good German knowledge is an asset
- Ideally 10 years experience in software engineering domain including management experience.
The company is easily reached by public transport, offers a friendly, stable and international working environment and excellent options for further development. Additionally, interesting benefits as well as an annual gross salary of about € 85.000 plus bonus conform to the market is provided.
If you are interested in this challenging position we are looking forward to receiving your application in reference to
ad no. 71.106
preferably by our
ISG career portal
or by eMail.
- here you can find interesting job offers every day!