At BIOMIN we harness the power of science to support animal health and performance. By applying state-of-the-art and proprietary technology we deliver natural, sustainable and profitable solutions to the livestock industry. For over 30 years we have pioneered innovative solutions for mycotoxin risk management and gut performance. BIOMIN is part of ERBER Group.
To further secure our rapid growth we are looking for the right woman or man to fill our vacant position as
SCIENTIST - GUT HEALTH (M/F)
These are the tasks we trust in you:
- Support with planning, designing and conducting new analysis strategies for NGS (Next Generation Sequencing) approaches (mainly metataxonomics, metagenomics)
- Support with applying and integrating a variety of experimental, computational and statistical methods in order to generate test hypothesis for studying the animal microbiome
- Stay current on progress in methodology in the field: analysis tools, (meta)genomics, (meta)transcriptomics, next gen sequencing
- Effectively communicating results through oral presentations and timely, written technical documentation and reports
- Maintaining accurate records/log of analytical requests and data
- Integration of Bionumerics software for scientific data management
TO LEAVE REAL 'FOODPRINTS' WITH US YOU NEED THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Background in computational biology, natural sciences (PhD) or complementary qualifications
- Expertise in bioinformatic analysis of microbiome data from NGS platform
- Experience with Linux, local/cloud based HPC environments
- Experience in statistical analysis of microbiome and experimental design is desirable
- Experience with Bionumerics software is desirable
- Excellent written and communication skills in English
WHAT DO WE STAND FOR? WE ARE PIONEERS, PARTNERS AND PERFORMERS!
- 100% of our trust in advance
- Exciting and challenging European and global tasks
- An enterprise in a group of companies with strong sales and growth during the past 30 years
- Top-notch teams and leading-edge technology
- Well-established, developing and new markets
- Unique company culture, broad diversity and flat hierarchies
WHAT ELSE TO KNOW?
- Reference Number: 178
- You will be based at Tulln (Austria)
- Your type of employment: full time (38,5 hours/week) - temporary contract (2 years)
- Based on your classification in our ERBER Group career model, your professional experience and your qualification, we offer you an attractive total compensation package starting at € 50.000 gross p.a. (full-time incl. fix and variable components)
Are you ready to leave real 'foodprints‘ with us? We are looking forward to your online application.
You have questions? Please contact: Ms Sanja POLOJAC, +432782803 0
Or visit our website: www.biomin.net