At BIOMIN we harness the power of science to support animal health and performance. By applying state-of-the-art and proprietary technology we deliver natural, sustainable and profitable solutions to the livestock industry. For over 30 years we have pioneered innovative solutions for mycotoxin risk management and gut performance. BIOMIN is part of ERBER Group.
For ambitious talents in the natural sciences we have exciting tasks and a lot to learn in our research projects. That's why we are looking for a master student (m/f) to work on the following task:
MASTER THESIS: "qPCR tools to quantify RNAs in different biological matrices"
THESE ARE THE TASKS WE TRUST IN YOU:
- Literature search on methodology using qPCR (information on equipment, reagents, protocols) to detect RNAs in tissues and fluids following exposure to feed additives and contaminants
- Compare and perform RNA extraction on animal samples (experiments already conducted), cDNA conversion, primer validation and qPCR analyses to find the most suitable approach (spike-in and standard approach)
- External collaboration on the development of this methodology is considered, implying interaction and report to the partner(s)
ARE YOU READY? THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES TO LEAVE REAL 'FOODPRINTS' AT BIOMIN
- Master student of molecular biology, veterinary medicine or similar studies
- Knowledge and technical skills in RNA, gene expression, real-time qPCR techniques are recommended
- Independent and hands-on working
- Excellent English skills (written and spoken)
Your working place: world class laboratories with modern equipment. As part of our ambitious scientific team you work together with the best on key topics of the global food chain. Due to our constant growth, there is a lot of space for good ideasstrong> and opportunities for personal development and individual careers.
We also take care of your physical well-being: coffee and tea are of course free of charge. In our canteen we offer three daily altering set meals - the price is employer-supported. Not to forget our b.active sports & health program. Here are some more good reasons to work for us.
WHAT ELSE TO KNOW?
- Reference Number: 353
- You will be based at Tulln (Austria) - excellent public transport connections to Vienna and Krems (only approximately 10 minutes on foot to train station)
- Your type of employment: 38,5 hours/week, full-time, temporary contract
- Duration: 6 - 8 months (starting February 2019)
Are you ready to leave real 'foodprints‘ with us? We are looking forward to your online application.
You have questions? Please contact: Ms Karin STUMMER, +43 2782 803 0
Or have a look at our website: www.biomin.net